- The Real Reason Music's Gotten So Loud
- Garth Brooks concert tops Friday, doubles Gaga
- Chris Shiflett Interviews Dwight Yoakam
- Eric Church: The Billboard Cover Story
- Old State House Museum honors Johnny Cash's daughter, Rosanne
- The Tennessean's Peter Cooper Talks New Country HOF John Prine Exhibit
- Download Free Sample from Sturgill Simpson on NoiseTrade
- Norah Jones and Billie Joe Release Tribute "Foreverly"
- Galleywinter Reviews Cody Canada's New Live Acoustic Album
- Kacey Musgraves On Writing Her Follow Up to "Same Trailer, Different Park"
- Chuck Ragan In The Studio for Upcoming Album "Till Midnight"
- Zac Brown Band and Dave Grohl to Release Songs in December
- CMT Edge Chats with the CEO of Martin Guitars
- If You Missed It: Nikki Bluhm on Conan
- Kellie Pickler Debuts in Top Five On Top Country Albums Chart
- Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood New Song 'After The Fire Is Gone'
- NPR - 'Foreverly' Yours: Billie Joe Armstrong And Norah Jones Get Close
- New Video From The Tedeschi Trucks Band
- New Video: Ashley Monroe "Live At The Ryman"
- Ry Cooder Featured In The New Yorker, New Live Album
- Is Facebook Overdoing It With Ads?
Country music songwriting legend and original Outlaw Billy Joe Shaver will be releasing a loaded 20-song CD package with companion DVD called Live at Billy Bob’s Texas on July 17th, recorded in the “World’s Largest Honky Tonk”. This will be Shaver’s first album in five years after winning a court battle for aggravated assault in April of 2010, and heart surgery in May of 2010, and after taking some time off from touring due to a shoulder issue.
From The Press Release:
The fully loaded special package includes 20 live renditions of some of his most notable compositions on an audio CD and DVD as well as two bonus tracks, and is the first set of new concert recordings since 1995 to be issued to the public. Included among Shaver classics and favorites are two new songs: “Wacko From Waco” (co-written with his longtime friend Willie Nelson) and “The Git Go,” proving that his muse remains as fertile as ever.
As a songwriter, Shaver’s songs have been recorded by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kris Kristofferson, The Allman Brothers, Bobby Bare, BR549, Elvis Presley, John Anderson, George Jones, Tex Ritter, and Patty Loveless amongst others. Waylon’s landmark album Honky Tonk Heroes included all Billy Joe Shaver songs except for one.
Billy Joe Shaver will be the 42nd artist to release a “Live at Billy Bob’s” album, company that includes David Allan Coe, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard. He recorded the album with his young, rocking band guitarist Jeremy Woodall, drummer Jason Lynn McKenzie, and bassist Matt Davis. Even at 72, Shaver still delivers a very high energy set, punctuated by his punching and personality on stage.
Some of the Shaver songs to be included on Live at Billy Bob’s are:
- Heart of Texas
- Georgia on a Fast Train
- Honky Tonk Heroes
- Old Chunk of Coal
- Live Forever
- Old Five and Dimers
- That’s What She Said Last Night
- Black Rose
- Hottest Thing in Town
- Good Old USA
- I Couldn’t Be Me Without You
- Star in My Heart (a Capella)
- You Can’t Beat Jesus Christ
- Wacko From Waco (studio bonus)
- The Git Go (studio bonus)
- Ben Dukes on Garth Brooks Wants to Make Music “At a Level I’ve Never Seen Before”
- Sarge on ANTI-Nashville / Music Row / Pop Country Song Compendium
- OJAIOAN on Spike TV Airs Episode Featuring Bar Where Wayne Mills Was Killed
- Edith Ann on The Return of Garth Brooks Could Have a Colossal Impact
- JonnyBoy23 on Daughter of Country Songwriter Ray Lawrence Jr. Missing