- An Oral History of L.A.'s Famous Honky Tonk "The Palomino"
- Rowdy Trio Arrested Outside Taylor Swift's House
- Cool Pictures of Telluride Bluegrass Festival Over The Years
- Final Numbers From Last George Strait Show Are Pretty Astounding
- Woody Guthrie Home Restoration Project In Trouble Over Financial Dispute
- Blackberry Smoke Has New Album Coming
- Don Light, former manager of Keith Whitley and Steve Wariner, psses away
- Nikki Lane Live at KXT Studios (Video)
- Rodney Crowell On NPR's Tiny Desk Concert
- Willie Nelson's Fight to Release 'Red Headed Stranger' Book Excerpt
- Mary Gauthier Featured on Nashville Scene
- New Video For Old 97's "Let's Get Drunk"
- Avett Brothers Prepping New Album
- American Songwriter Reviews Willie Nelson's "Band of Brothers"
- Songwriter Gerry Goffin, ex-husband of Carole King, dies at 75
- Funny: Touring Band's Van and Gear Not Stolen
- UPDATE: Track List for Justin Townes Earle's "Single Mothers" (at bottom)
- Brandy Clark picks 10 essential country albums
- Toby Keith's I Love This Bar Hates Paying Its Taxes
- Carolina Chocolate Drops' Rhiannon Giddens Talks Solo Album
- New Video: Foghorn Stringband "I'm Longing For You"
Country music songwriting legend and original Outlaw Billy Joe Shaver will be releasing a loaded 20-song CD package with companion DVD called Live at Billy Bob’s Texas on July 17th, recorded in the “World’s Largest Honky Tonk”. This will be Shaver’s first album in five years after winning a court battle for aggravated assault in April of 2010, and heart surgery in May of 2010, and after taking some time off from touring due to a shoulder issue.
From The Press Release:
The fully loaded special package includes 20 live renditions of some of his most notable compositions on an audio CD and DVD as well as two bonus tracks, and is the first set of new concert recordings since 1995 to be issued to the public. Included among Shaver classics and favorites are two new songs: “Wacko From Waco” (co-written with his longtime friend Willie Nelson) and “The Git Go,” proving that his muse remains as fertile as ever.
As a songwriter, Shaver’s songs have been recorded by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kris Kristofferson, The Allman Brothers, Bobby Bare, BR549, Elvis Presley, John Anderson, George Jones, Tex Ritter, and Patty Loveless amongst others. Waylon’s landmark album Honky Tonk Heroes included all Billy Joe Shaver songs except for one.
Billy Joe Shaver will be the 42nd artist to release a “Live at Billy Bob’s” album, company that includes David Allan Coe, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard. He recorded the album with his young, rocking band guitarist Jeremy Woodall, drummer Jason Lynn McKenzie, and bassist Matt Davis. Even at 72, Shaver still delivers a very high energy set, punctuated by his punching and personality on stage.
Some of the Shaver songs to be included on Live at Billy Bob’s are:
- Heart of Texas
- Georgia on a Fast Train
- Honky Tonk Heroes
- Old Chunk of Coal
- Live Forever
- Old Five and Dimers
- That’s What She Said Last Night
- Black Rose
- Hottest Thing in Town
- Good Old USA
- I Couldn’t Be Me Without You
- Star in My Heart (a Capella)
- You Can’t Beat Jesus Christ
- Wacko From Waco (studio bonus)
- The Git Go (studio bonus)
- Gregory on Review – Zac Brown Band’s “The Grohl Sessions Vol. 1″
- WRM on Eric Church Is Awesome. Just Ask Him (A Bragging Montage)
- RWP on Hank Williams III Criticizes Casting of Grandfather in Biopic
- Lost on Hank Williams III Criticizes Casting of Grandfather in Biopic
- Mike on Destroying The Dixie Chicks – Ten Years After