- Kelly Willis and Bruce Robison Declare 2014 'Our Year' with Second Duets Album
- Stream Nickel Creek's New Album "A Dotted Line"
- Billboard and Twitter Partner To Create 'Billboard Twitter Real-Time Charts'
- George Strait's "Give It All We Got Tonight" Earns Platinum Status
- New Johnny Cash Album Gives Unexpected Boost to Songwriters
- If You Missed It: Brandy Clark on Ellen
- Trace Adkins' wife files for divorce in Williamson County
- American Songwriter Interviews Scott H. Biram
- "Okie From Muskogee" 45th Anniversary Special 2CD Edition Released
- Spotify Slashes Subscription Prices for College Students
- John Cowan Signs with Compass Records
- Funny: The Record Collector
- Clear Channel, BBR Music Group Reach Revenue Sharing Deal
- ABC to air 'Nashville' music special
- Warner Music Group is 3.1 Billion Dollars in Debt
- Jason Eady and Courtney Patton Get Married
- Erin Enderlin, Tin Pan South and the off screen reality of the Nashville songwriter
- Nashville Scene Reviews Jerrod Niemann's New Album
- Facebook Launches Lab To Bring Internet Everywhere
- Predicting What You Want To Hear: Music And Data Get It On
- Facebook Buys Virtual Reality Company Oculus For 2 Billion
Country music songwriting legend and original Outlaw Billy Joe Shaver will be releasing a loaded 20-song CD package with companion DVD called Live at Billy Bob’s Texas on July 17th, recorded in the “World’s Largest Honky Tonk”. This will be Shaver’s first album in five years after winning a court battle for aggravated assault in April of 2010, and heart surgery in May of 2010, and after taking some time off from touring due to a shoulder issue.
From The Press Release:
The fully loaded special package includes 20 live renditions of some of his most notable compositions on an audio CD and DVD as well as two bonus tracks, and is the first set of new concert recordings since 1995 to be issued to the public. Included among Shaver classics and favorites are two new songs: “Wacko From Waco” (co-written with his longtime friend Willie Nelson) and “The Git Go,” proving that his muse remains as fertile as ever.
As a songwriter, Shaver’s songs have been recorded by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kris Kristofferson, The Allman Brothers, Bobby Bare, BR549, Elvis Presley, John Anderson, George Jones, Tex Ritter, and Patty Loveless amongst others. Waylon’s landmark album Honky Tonk Heroes included all Billy Joe Shaver songs except for one.
Billy Joe Shaver will be the 42nd artist to release a “Live at Billy Bob’s” album, company that includes David Allan Coe, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard. He recorded the album with his young, rocking band guitarist Jeremy Woodall, drummer Jason Lynn McKenzie, and bassist Matt Davis. Even at 72, Shaver still delivers a very high energy set, punctuated by his punching and personality on stage.
Some of the Shaver songs to be included on Live at Billy Bob’s are:
- Heart of Texas
- Georgia on a Fast Train
- Honky Tonk Heroes
- Old Chunk of Coal
- Live Forever
- Old Five and Dimers
- That’s What She Said Last Night
- Black Rose
- Hottest Thing in Town
- Good Old USA
- I Couldn’t Be Me Without You
- Star in My Heart (a Capella)
- You Can’t Beat Jesus Christ
- Wacko From Waco (studio bonus)
- The Git Go (studio bonus)
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Trigger on Why The Best Fan Vote for the ACM’s Is No Vote At All
- MH on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- Tom on Up-And-Comer Eric Church Excited to Play Austin City Limits
- Tom on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)
- Marky Mark on Jerrod Niemann Is No Willie or Waylon (A History Lesson)