- Justin Townes Earle on NPR's World Cafe
- Sturgill Simpson from Studio 'A' "Long White Line"
- "15 Songs That Changed Country Music" to Air Before CMA's
- Garth Brooks Trying to Make the Biggest Concert Tour Ever
- Interview with New Studio 'A' Owner Aubrey Preston
- SoundCloud Posts 29 Million Dollar Loss
- Stoney LaRue Ready to Take Flight With 'Aviator'
- Lindi Ortega Singing "Stand By Me"
- Stream New Maggie Bjorklund Steel Guitar Album
- Song Premiere: Ronnie Fauss featuring Rhett Miller "18 Wheels"
- If You Missed It: Angaleena Presley on Letterman
- Live Review of Loretta Lynn at the Ryman
- Lucinda Williams doubles up on the music
- New Video for Ags Connolly "When Country Was Proud"
- Rodney Hayden Releases New EP "Cowboy Songs"
- Ralph Stanley sings as much for those now gone as for those still here
- Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis at WAMU Bluegrass
- SoundScan's Third Quarter Numbers in One Word: Bleak
- The story behind the deal to save Nashville's Studio 'A'
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences to Honor Dr. Ralph Stanley
- NPR's Front Row Features Trampled by Turtles
Country music songwriting legend and original Outlaw Billy Joe Shaver will be releasing a loaded 20-song CD package with companion DVD called Live at Billy Bob’s Texas on July 17th, recorded in the “World’s Largest Honky Tonk”. This will be Shaver’s first album in five years after winning a court battle for aggravated assault in April of 2010, and heart surgery in May of 2010, and after taking some time off from touring due to a shoulder issue.
From The Press Release:
The fully loaded special package includes 20 live renditions of some of his most notable compositions on an audio CD and DVD as well as two bonus tracks, and is the first set of new concert recordings since 1995 to be issued to the public. Included among Shaver classics and favorites are two new songs: “Wacko From Waco” (co-written with his longtime friend Willie Nelson) and “The Git Go,” proving that his muse remains as fertile as ever.
As a songwriter, Shaver’s songs have been recorded by Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Kris Kristofferson, The Allman Brothers, Bobby Bare, BR549, Elvis Presley, John Anderson, George Jones, Tex Ritter, and Patty Loveless amongst others. Waylon’s landmark album Honky Tonk Heroes included all Billy Joe Shaver songs except for one.
Billy Joe Shaver will be the 42nd artist to release a “Live at Billy Bob’s” album, company that includes David Allan Coe, Willie Nelson, and Merle Haggard. He recorded the album with his young, rocking band guitarist Jeremy Woodall, drummer Jason Lynn McKenzie, and bassist Matt Davis. Even at 72, Shaver still delivers a very high energy set, punctuated by his punching and personality on stage.
Some of the Shaver songs to be included on Live at Billy Bob’s are:
- Heart of Texas
- Georgia on a Fast Train
- Honky Tonk Heroes
- Old Chunk of Coal
- Live Forever
- Old Five and Dimers
- That’s What She Said Last Night
- Black Rose
- Hottest Thing in Town
- Good Old USA
- I Couldn’t Be Me Without You
- Star in My Heart (a Capella)
- You Can’t Beat Jesus Christ
- Wacko From Waco (studio bonus)
- The Git Go (studio bonus)
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Blackwater on Ryan Adams: “I Do Not Like Fu!$ing Country Music”
- Trigger on Album Review – Jason Aldean’s “Old Boots, New Dirt”
- courtney on Ryan Adams: “I Do Not Like Fu!$ing Country Music”
- Phil on Ryan Adams: “I Do Not Like Fu!$ing Country Music”
- andrea on Ryan Adams: “I Do Not Like Fu!$ing Country Music”