The last time Shooter Jennings and Brandi Carlile joined forces to produce an album for Tanya Tucker, it resulted in two Grammy Awards and four nominations. Now in the wake of Tucker being named as the newest member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, she has announced the release of her latest album called Sweet Western Sound reuniting with Shooter and Brandi. It will be released on June 2nd via Fantasy Records.
“’Sweet Western Sound’ is another revelation and I’m excited to see what folks think of our new endeavor,” says Tucker. “It’s always a trip working with Brandi and Shooter. I didn’t know if we’d be working together again on a new album after ‘While I’m Livin’.’ But we did it! Lots of new things we did this time and I even co-wrote some of the songs, which means a lot to me. Brandi says we’re magic together, and I’m starting to believe her!”
Despite the critical acclaim of Tanya Tucker’s previous album, some were a little concerned why so much of the material was written by Brandi Carlile and her twins Phil and Tim Hanseroth. Sweet Western Sound sees some of that as well, but Tucker has a much greater hand, while Shooter and Outlaw legends Billy Joe Shaver and Billy Don Burns also walk away with credits. JT Nero of Birds of Chicago and Craig Dillingham receive song credits as well.
Tanya Tucker announced the album in style. Coinciding with the Hall of Fame press conference announcing her induction, Tucker took to horseback, and with a mounted police escort, she went prancing down from the Hall of Fame toward the Ryman Auditorium where she’s scheduled to play album release shows on June 3rd and 4th.
Ahead of the new album, Tanya Tucker has released the song “Kindness” written by Phil and Tim Hanseroth, back-dropped with Western scenes from Tanya Tucker photo shoots. Born in Seminole, TX, raised in Wilcox, Arizona, and starting her career as a singer in Henderson, Nevada near Las Vegas, Tanya Tucker knows a thing or two about the West. It will be interesting to see if Sweet Western Sound takes on a Western flavor.
Sweet Western Sound is now available for pre-sale/pre-order.
- “Tanya” (written by Billy Joe Shaver, Tanya Tucker)
- “Kindness” (written by Tim Hanseroth, Phil Hanseroth)
- “Breakfast In Birmingham,” featuring Brandi Carlile (written by Brandi Carlile, Bernie Taupin)
- “Waltz Across a Moment” (written by Shooter Jennings)
- “Ready As I’ll Never Be” (written by Brandi Carlile, Tanya Tucker)
- “The List” (written by Brandi Carlile, Tanya Tucker)
- “Letter to Linda” (written by Tanya Tucker, Shooter Jennings)
- “City of Gold” (written by JT Nero)
- “That Wasn’t Me” (written by Brandi Carlile, Tim Hanseroth, Phil Hanseroth)
- “When the Rodeo Is Over (Where Do the Cowboys Go?)” (written by Billy Don Burns, Craig Dillingham)