- Alan Jackson Taps Brandy Clark, Jon Pardi for 25th Anniversary Tour
- Sturgill Simpson on Joe Rogan Experience
- Glen Campbell and the country stars staring death in the face
- The Kentucky Headhunters' 'Pickin' On Nashville' Turns 25
- Florida Georgia Line Says 'Girl' 42 Times on Anything Goes, aka 'The Worst Album Ever'
- Aaron Watson Releases New Song "That Look"
- Johnny Cash Museum is Expanding
- Lester Flatt's Hometown Honors him with Historical Marker
- Eddie Angel w/ JD McPherson "Hillbilly Blues"
- Caitlyn Smith Releases New Video "Dream Away"
- Lee Ann Womack Interviewed by the Nashville Scene
- New Tanya Tucker Exhibit Coming to Country Music Hall of Fame
- Tsu Launches as First Social Platform Where Users Own Their Content
- Stream Caitlyn Smith's New EP
- International Bluegrass Music Association Director Resigns
- Another Nashville Landmark in Trouble
- Country Comedy Legend Ray Stevens Recalls Early Days in 'Nashville'
- Listen to new William Clark Green Song "Sympathy"
- Video: The Gibson Brothers from Bluegrass Underground
- How Max Martin Has Become The Secret Man Behind Taylor Swift (that quotes SCM)
- Black Flag Founder Greg Ginn Accused of Abusing His Daughters
That’s right, don’t rub your eyes or adjust your monitors. Justin Townes Earle, who just released his latest album Single Mothers on September 9th, is doing a quick turnaround and releasing yet another brand new full length album Absent Fathers on January 13th, 2015—a companion to his September release that takes its theme from the Single Mothers title track.
Tuesday morning, Reba McEntire appeared on Cumulus Media’s NASH-branded country music flagship broadcast America’s Morning Show to make a big announcement, and as speculated upon in the days before, Reba told the world she was the inaugural signee with Scott Borchetta’s and Cumulus Media’s joint record label NASH Icon.
The Country Music Association Awards, or CMA’s are nigh upon us, and set to transpire on Wednesday, November 5th. And to get you all horny for the festivities, it’s been announced that ultra pop star Ariana Grande, and “All About That Bass” overnight sensation Meghan Trainor will be part of this year’s presentation. Because you know, a country presentation devoid of pop stars would be boring.
An important and beloved member of the Texas Music Scene passed away unexpectedly on Monday morning (10-20). Singer and songwriter Ronny Spears had just played a show at Hank’s in McKinney, TX with frequent collaborator and dear friend Robby White on Saturday night, and 36 hours later fans were shocked to hear of his passing. It was White who told Ronny Spears’ many fans the terrible news.
Congratulations Justin Moore and Outlaws Like Me, you’re officially off the hot seat. Because right here, right now, I am unilaterally declaring that Florida Georgia Line’s new album Anything Goes is the worst album ever released in the history of country music. Ever. Including Florida Georgia Line’s first album Here’s To The Good Times, including anything else you can muster from the mainstream.
You press most any theologian, and they will expound upon the theory that God has the most profound sense of humor … if you just know where to look for it. Whether this was in play when country music songwriter Paul Craft decided to write the song “Drop Kick Me Jesus (Through The Goalposts Of Life),” whether it was more centered upon a social commentary about the state of religion in America….
Friday night’s otherwise peaceful festivities at the 38th Annual Boggy Bayou Mullet Festival in Niceville, FL were temporarily interrupted when a patron threw a full beer can at Dustin Lynch on stage, causing a gash below his left eye that had the performer in the hospital receiving stitches. The incident also caused a small brawl to ensue in the crowd.
The one last bastion of revenue for music that has remained however has been live concerts. Ticket prices have remained strong and allowed artists that would otherwise not be able to make a living playing music to continue the pursuit and help pay for recording production. But a new company and a new service could inject the subscription dilemma into the live concert space as well.
This past weekend from October 9th thru 12th was the inaugural gathering of Outlaw Fest at Edge Hill Farms in Oakland, Kentucky. Despite passing rain showers throughout the weekend and the linchpin of the festival Marty Shine having a health setback that sidelined him for most of the event, according to festival goers a good time was had by all.
The complete cast of the upcoming I Saw The Light Hank Williams biopic is beginning to take shape as the movie is set to begin filming in Louisiana this week. Joining Tom Hiddleston playing Hank Williams, Elizabeth Olsen playing Audrey Williams, and Maddie Hasson as Billie Jean Horton, are four more actors playing important roles, announced yesterday by The Hollywood Reporter.
Though this new deluxe edition seems like an excellent way to experience the concert if you were unable to attend, or the perfect reminder if you were, or it might make a great gift for the country music fan in your family since it’s being released right before Christmas, I for one will not be purchasing this deluxe edition, or frankly any edition of “The Cowboy Rides Away.”
Hank Williams was the greatest country music singer and songwriter to ever walk the face of the Earth. And if you don’t believe that, just listen to how his fellow country music performers feel about his contributions to the music. Here is a list of the greatest Hank Williams tribute songs of all time.
With the rise in popularity of country music recently comes a rise in both the demand and prices for concert tickets. And with so many sold out shows and high-priced tickets comes the opportunity for counterfeiters to take advantage of fans looking for entry to see their favorite artists. Counterfeit concert tickets are on the rise in country music, and fans are being taken advantage of more than ever before.
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Carla on Justin Townes Earle Releasing New Album ‘Absent Fathers’ 1-13-15
- Eric on It Has Begun – Reba McEntire Signs with NASH Icon
- Bear on Florida Georgia Line’s “Anything Goes” is the Worst Album Ever
- Adrian on It Has Begun – Reba McEntire Signs with NASH Icon
- Bear on It Has Begun – Reba McEntire Signs with NASH Icon