- The Guardian's 10 Best Albums incl. Sturgill, Tami Neilson, Jason Eady
- Hear Unreleased Joe Ely and Linda Ronstadt duet "Where Is My Love"
- If You Missed It: Willie Nelson and Billy Joe Shaver on Letterman
- NPR Tiny Desk Concert with Lucinda Williams
- Titles from Willie, Hank Williams, Bob Wills Headed to Grammy Hall of Fame
- Hear New Joe Pug Song "If Still It Can Be Found"
- Houston Press: Is Country Music Ready For Sturgill Simpson?
- Blitzen Trapper Releases Free Live Album
- Eric Church's "The Outsiders" Goes Platinum
- Fatal South by Southwest Crash Brings First Wave of Lawsuits
- New Song from Cody Canada and the Departed "Easy"
- Flaco Jimenez to receive Lifetime Grammy Award
- Country Weekly's Top 10 Albums Incl. Sturgill, Old Crow, Billy Joe Shaver
- Nashville Scene Rips Into American Country Countdown Awards
- Ardent Studios Founder John Fry Dies at 69
- Windowing New Music May Not Goose Sales, Study Shows
- Engineer and Producer John Hampton Dies
- Famous Nashville Backup Singer Millie Kirkham Dies at 91
- Proof How Much The Music Industry Has Changed In The Last Ten Years
- NY Times' Jon Caramanica's Top 10 Albums Includes Sturgill Simpson
- Galleywinter's Favorites of 2014
Ever since I got my dirty little hands on a copy of Old High and New Lows I’ve been an outright whore for Reno’s Hellbound Glory, but prefaced my enthusiasm by say they need to make it back east. Well now Leroy Virgil and the boys have called my bluff, and built up enough of a head of steam to hopscotch the Rockies a cruise all the way to South Carolina. Hot damn!
Come August 20th they’ll be heading out and won’t stop till they hit the coast. On their way they’ll hook up with some other great acts, including Six Gun Britt and Last False Hope in Chi Town, The Flat Tires in North Carolina, and Aran Buzzas in Montana.
Recently Hellbound has been enjoying some good strong mainstream press and exposure, including a favorable review from my favorite country writer Juli Thanki. And CM Wilcox recently debuted a new song “Malt Liquor”. Hey I thought Hellbound Glory was supposed to be our little scumbag secret? But I tell you what, if this small success keeps Leroy & Co. in beer and hot dogs, that means the music can keep flowing uninterrupted by day labor and dead end jobs, so I’m all for it!
You can find these dates, and ALL important concert dates where? All together class, “At savingcountrymusic.com/calendar.”
24 Comments to “Hellbound Glory Heads East”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here