- Ralph Stanley and Grandson Making Gospel Album
- George Jones' widow wants fans to see tribute (video: autoplay)
- Funny: Honest Billboard Country Airplay Chart
- Scott Biram Announces New Album, Releases New Song
- Watch Loretta Lynn Being Awarded Medal of Freedom
- Good Read - Shopping for Hits: A Look at Music Row's 'Pitch Lists'
- Download Free Sample from Sturgill Simpson on NoiseTrade
- Stream "Foreverly" Norah Jones and Billy Joe Tribute
- Galleywinter Reviews Cody Canada's New Live Acoustic Album
- Bottle Rockets Reissue First Album and "Brooklyn Side"
- John Prine has operable form of lung cancer
- Shovels and Rope Documentary Captures the Life of an Americana Couple
- Loretta Lynn: 5 reasons why she earned Presidential Medal of Freedom
- If You Missed It: Nikki Bluhm on Conan
- Kellie Pickler Debuts in Top Five On Top Country Albums Chart
- Shovels and Rope to Reissue First Album. Listen to Revamped Song
- Ricky Skaggs Revisits Country Hits During Hall of Fame Performance
- The World's Highest-Paid Musicians 2013
- Justin Timberlake's Dreams of Country Music Stardom 'Still Alive'
- Ry Cooder Featured In The New Yorker, New Live Album
- Jello Biafra Likes Larry and His Flask!
Ever since I got my dirty little hands on a copy of Old High and New Lows I’ve been an outright whore for Reno’s Hellbound Glory, but prefaced my enthusiasm by say they need to make it back east. Well now Leroy Virgil and the boys have called my bluff, and built up enough of a head of steam to hopscotch the Rockies a cruise all the way to South Carolina. Hot damn!
Come August 20th they’ll be heading out and won’t stop till they hit the coast. On their way they’ll hook up with some other great acts, including Six Gun Britt and Last False Hope in Chi Town, The Flat Tires in North Carolina, and Aran Buzzas in Montana.
Recently Hellbound has been enjoying some good strong mainstream press and exposure, including a favorable review from my favorite country writer Juli Thanki. And CM Wilcox recently debuted a new song “Malt Liquor”. Hey I thought Hellbound Glory was supposed to be our little scumbag secret? But I tell you what, if this small success keeps Leroy & Co. in beer and hot dogs, that means the music can keep flowing uninterrupted by day labor and dead end jobs, so I’m all for it!
You can find these dates, and ALL important concert dates where? All together class, “At savingcountrymusic.com/calendar.”
24 Comments to “Hellbound Glory Heads East”
Leave a comment
- Alabama Mike on Circumstances of Wayne Mills’ Death Leave Many Questions
- Tin on Wayne Mills of the Wayne Mills Band Shot Fatally in Nashville
- Will on Wayne Mills & “The Last Honky Tonk” (Review & Eulogy)
- Linda Merchant on Circumstances of Wayne Mills’ Death Leave Many Questions
- Angela on Wayne Mills of the Wayne Mills Band Shot Fatally in Nashville