- Radney Foster Talking Kacey Musgraves, Playing Songs at KOKE
- NPR First Listen: Shovels and Rope's "Swimmin' Time"
- Kenny Rogers Exhibit Opens at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- American Songwriter Live: Jim Lauderdale
- Hall of Fame Inductee Mac Wiseman Shines on "Songs From My Mother's Hand"
- Song Premiere: Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn - "Railroad"
- Exclusive Premiere: Jesse Winchester "She Makes It Easy Now"
- Brothers Osborne To Drop Debut EP in September 9th
- New York Times: CD Baby, a Company for the Niche Musician
- Brad Paisley leads team to launch My Country Nation
- Luke Winslow-King Announces New Album "Everlasting Arms"
- Album Stream: Ben Glover's "Atlantic"
- Sony ATV Rides Country Wave to Top of the Publishing Heap
- The Agency Group Acquires the Bobby Roberts Company
- Lee Ann Womack "The Way I'm Livin' Tracklisting, Songwriting Credits, Audio
- Why are so many lullabies also murder ballads?
- Record Industry Considering a Standard, Global Album Release Day
- Cory Branan Explores 'Tangled Roots' on 'The No-Hit Wonder' (Album Premiere)
- Sarah Jarosz on Another Country with Rick Ross
- Three Dead, 100 Hospitalized After Veld and Boonstock Festivals
- Paste Talks to Lucinda Williams About New Album
Photos of a recovering Randy Travis have finally been surfacing on Twitter over the recent days—the first glimpse concerned country music fans have seen of the future Country Hall of Famer since he suffered a stroke and subsequent health issues in July of 2013. A smiling Travis looks to be on the road to recovery.
Randy Travis was initially admitted to the hospital on July 7th, 2013 for viral cardiomyopathy, or a weakening of the heart muscle. While being treated for the condition at The Heart Hospital in Plano, TX, Travis suffered a stroke as a complication to the treatment, and had to undergo emergency surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. The surgery was successful, but Travis remained in the hospital until late July when he was moved to a rehabilitation facility to deal with the effects of the stroke. While in rehab, Travis contracted pneumonia according to friend Sammy Kershaw. Travis remained in inpatient care until October 11th when he returned to his ranch in Tioga, TX.
On January 19th, family friend Anthony Maurizio posted a black and white photo of Randy with his fiance Mary Beougher standing behind him, with the caption “Glad to see Randy Travis healing nicely.” Bobby and Lisa Vaughn also posted photos of Randy on Jan. 19th sitting in a covered ATV at his ranch in Tioga.
In early November, Randy’s father Harold Traywick gave the grim outlook that Randy Travis may never perform again, saying that Randy was paralyzed on his right side and could barely speak. Since then, the news has been more upbeat about Randy’s recovery. Artist Bonnie Paul who has co-written songs with Randy said through Twitter on December 9th, 2013 that Randy was out of the wheelchair and able to walk with a walker. Then on December 20th she said that Randy was walking on his own.
Specifics on Randy’s condition have been hard to come by for fans worried about the long-term effects from Randy’s recent health problems, leading to much speculation and concern. Randy himself has yet to make any public appearances or statements since his recent health scare, and there has been no official word from doctors on the severity of his condition or the long-term prognosis.
Photos from Anthony Maurizio:
18 Comments to “Photos of a Recovering Randy Travis Surface”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Patrick Harris on 10 Country Songs Criticizing The Police State
- J on More Trouble At Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan Concerts
- Trigger on Only One Arrest Out Of 40,000 At Kenny Chesney Flora Bama Concert
- Franny on Photos of a Recovering Randy Travis Surface
- Dorothy on Only One Arrest Out Of 40,000 At Kenny Chesney Flora Bama Concert