Well damn, it’s less than a week since the last Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist update, but the badass songs have been rolling out so hard and heavily lately, it’s worth calling a audible and adding them to the playlist post haste.
Leading the pack are a couple of new songs from new artists who were already on the playlist. Sarah Shook‘s lead single from her upcoming album Years was good, but this spanking new one “New Ways To Fail” is the type of ornery, disagreeable, gut-bucket roguish foul-mouthed country we’ve come to love and expect from the Bloodshot Records signee, and she doesn’t let us down here.
Newcomer Dillon Carmichael has released three songs from his upcoming Dave Cobb-produced record, and all three have made it on to the Top 25 Playlist, including his latest “It’s Simple.” Once again Carmichael continues to show great promise. Expect his record to finally show up perhaps late summer. Stay tuned.
Not newcomers, but wily veterans instead, Blackberry Smoke has unleashed one hell of a track off of their upcoming album called Find a Light that will get you breaking speed limits and standing on your couch making air guitar poses. Steel guitar maestro Robert Randolph joins them on “I’ll Keep Ramblin'” which will certainly get the adrenaline pulsing.
And fans of Saving Country Music know the importance of finding great music in the most unexpected places. Trixie Mattel‘s new album One Stone has a lot of folks buzzing, and the superbly-written and touching “Red Side of the Moon” makes the playlist. So does the very old school “Hangover From Your Kisses” from the Norwegian country band Country Heroes. Though the band is from Scandinavia, “Hangover From Your Kisses” was actually co-written with Austin’s Brennen Leigh. The band’s new album Honky Tonk Tears comes out April13th.
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Google Play, and now on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “My Way” – Ervin Stellar – The Moment
- “I’ll Keep Ramblin'” – Blackberry Smoke – Find A Light
- “New Ways to Fail” – Sarah Shook and the Disarmers – Years
- “It’s Simple” – Dillon Carmichael
- “Why Don’t You Introduce Me As Your Darlin’ – Vivian Leva – Time Is Everything
- “Mr. Jukebox” – Joshua Hedley – Mr. Jukebox
- “This Town Is Killing Me” – Caitlyn Smith – Starfire
- “She Ain’t In It” – Jon Pardi – California Sunrise
- “Midnight Bell” – Grace Basement – Mississippi Nights
- “Road Crew” – Mike and the Moonpies – Steak Night at the Prairie Rose
- “Fast Money” – Urban Pioneers – Hillbilly Swing Music
- “Honky Tonk Habit” – Bart Alan Woytek – (single)
- “King of Alabama” – Brent Cobb – Providence Canyon
- “If I Could Make You My Own” – Dori Freeman – Letters Never Read
- “If You Ain’t Cheatin’” – Yellow Feather – And Gold
- “Space Cowboy” – Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
- “God’s Got It” – The Oak Ridge Boys – 17th Avenue Revival
- “Last of the Houston Honky Tonk Heroes” – Emily Herring – Gliding
- “Country Music’s Dead” – Mike & The Moonpies w/ John Baumann
- “Kelly’s Bar” – Trampled By Turtles – Life Is Good on the Open Road
- “Postcard” – First Aid Kit – Ruins
- “Red Side of the Moon” – Trixie Mattel – One Stone
- “Hangover From Your Kisses” – Country Heroes
- “A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega” – Ashley McBryde – Girl Goin’ Nowhere
- “Flicker & Shine” – Old Crow Medicine Show – Volunteer