Any of these songwriters would be worth braving a cold winter’s night to see individually, but luckily they have made it easy on us all by banding together and announcing the Hard Candy Christmas Tour scheduled to transpire in December through Texas and the Midwest. If you’ve always wanted to see one or all of them, this would be your opportunity.
Jamie Lin Wilson is the songwriting maven known for her work with The Trishas and others whose 2015 record Holidays and Wedding Rings people still are raving about. Courtney Patton is one of the most important voices in Texas country, and is prepping the release of a duets album with her husband and fellow songwriter Jason Eady in early 2017. Sunny Sweeney is the former major label signee with a Top 10 single that has returned to Texas to get back to her songwriting roots, and Brennen Leigh is the formidable front person for the new band High Plains Jamboree whose been the heart of numerous Austin-based country bands and recently put out a tribute to Lefty Frizzell.
One is good enough, but together these songwriters equal a sum greater than their parts. And you can check them out at one of the below performances.
- 12/6 – Main Street Crossing – Tomball, TX
- 12/7 – Sam’s Burger Joint – San Antonio, TX
- 12/9 – Saxon Pub – Austin, TX
- 12/10 – Blackbird on Pearl – Tulsa, TX
- 12/11 – The Port of Wichita – Wichita, KS
- 12/12 – Outland Ballroom – Springfield, MO
- 12/13 – Off Broadway – St. Louis, MO
- 12/14 – Joe’s Bar – Chicago, IL
- 12/15 – Hook and Ladder Theater – Minneapolis, MN
- 12/16 – Buck’s Bar – Waterloo, NE
- 12/17 – Knucklehead’s Saloon – Kansas City, MO
- 12/18 – Blue Door – Blue Door, OK