It’s been a great time to be a country music fan over the last few weeks as incredible album releases from a cavalcade of artists has put a stress test on people’s physical copy budgets, and pushed Saving Country Music to maximum capacity for publishing reviews. But these are all good problems to have, and will leave us flush for stuff to listen to well into the summer.
Sarah Shook‘s new album Years is so damn good, it’s getting a 2nd addition on the Saving Country Music Top 25 playlist with the Western swing-inspired “Damned If I Do, Damned If I Don’t” making the newest additions. Western Centuries also just released a stellar collection, and “Earthy Justice” from the album makes it into the rotation. Let’s not allow Pat Reedy and the Longtime Goners‘ new album That’s All There Is be overshadowed by all the other great releases. “Nashville 3am” and its accompanying video are definitely worth a spin.
And the new releases aren’t stopping any time soon. Jason Boland and the Stragglers have their new album Hard Times Are Relative coming May 18th, and their debut single with Sunny Sweeney called “I Don’t Deserve You” finds Boland in top honky tonk form. And lastly it’s a bit of a wild card, but the piano tune “Don’t Come To Nashville” from Dakota Jay is just too damn good, and too damn indicative of the spirit of Saving Country Music to ignore, and it makes its way near the top of the list.
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Google Play, and now on Apple Music thanks to Country Exclusive. For those who don’t stream, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “My Way” – Ervin Stellar – The Moment
- “I’ll Keep Ramblin’” – Blackberry Smoke – Find A Light
- “Don’t Come to Nashville” – Dakota Jay – (single)
- “Damned If I Do, Damned If I Don’t” – Sarah Shook & The Disarmers – Years
- “Earthly Justice” – Western Centuries – Songs From The Deluge
- “Why Don’t You Introduce Me As Your Darlin’ – Vivian Leva – Time Is Everything
- “Mr. Jukebox” – Joshua Hedley – Mr. Jukebox
- “I Don’t Deserve You (w/ Sunny Sweeney) – Jason Boland & The Stragglers – Hard Times Are Relative
- “It’s Simple” – Dillon Carmichael – (single)
- “She Ain’t In It” – Jon Pardi – California Sunrise
- “Road Crew” – Mike and the Moonpies – Steak Night at the Prairie Rose
- “A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega” – Ashley McBryde – Girl Goin’ Nowhere
- “King of Alabama” – Brent Cobb – Providence Canyon
- “Midnight Bell” – Grace Basement – Mississippi Nights
- “If I Could Make You My Own” – Dori Freeman – Letters Never Read
- “Space Cowboy” – Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour
- “God’s Got It” – The Oak Ridge Boys – 17th Avenue Revival
- “Last of the Houston Honky Tonk Heroes” – Emily Herring – Gliding
- “Country Music’s Dead” – Mike & The Moonpies w/ John Baumann
- “Nashville Tennessee at 3am” – Pat Reedy & The Longtime Goners – That’s All There Is
- “New Ways to Fail” – Sarah Shook and the Disarmers – Years
- “Red Side of the Moon” – Trixie Mattel – One Stone
- “This Town Is Killing Me” – Caitlyn Smith – Starfire
- “Kelly’s Bar” – Trampled By Turtles – Life Is Good on the Open Road
- “Hangover From Your Kisses” – Country Heroes