The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist is built to keep you informed on all the best songs and albums coming out right here, right now in country and roots music. It’s available on most all streaming formats (see below), or you can just use the song, artist, and album recommendations to find something new to listen to. New songs just added.
Kimmi Bitter – “My Grass Is Blue” – Whoa! Where did this come from? Kimmi Bitter is a California native who tours around the country in a camper van doing what she can to revitalize the vintage sounds of American music. Her latest effort is this shiver-inducing classic country song with bluegrass inspiration that very well could have been cut by Patsy Cline in 1962. Get Kimmi on your radar, and look for a new EP coming from her later this year.
Wade Bowen feat. Vince Gill – “A Guitar, A Singer, and A Song” – Not every playlist update do we get to add a song that very well may be considered for Song of the Year come December. Lori McKenna has been a part of a few of those songs, and she co-wrote this new cut from Wade Bowen that also features Vince Gill on vocals. From Bowen’s upcoming album Somewhere Between The Secret and The Truth out August 12th.
The Broken Spokes – “Where I Went Wrong” – If The Broken Spokes aren’t on your radar yet, now is the time, and it will be hard to ignore them since the title track of their new album comes in at the #1 spot, and is also the second track from the Houston-based band on the playlist. Excellent classic country music.
Conrad Fisher – “Trouble With A Hammer” – By paling around with some of the old great songwriters in Nashville, Conrad Fisher has really picked up on all the little subtle things that go into writing a great song. So many songwriters these days either want to dwell in the 70s Outlaw style or throw it back to the 50s in a way that can be hokey. With “Trouble With A Hammer,” Conrad finds that sweet spot somewhere between Tom T. Hall and Bill Anderson by forging a blue collar anthem that combines gratefulness with aspiration.
Zach Bryan – “Oklahoma Smokeshow” – Yes, Zach Bryan has just released yet another album called Summertime Blues, and this song about a girl who’s a bad idea is perhaps the one that best shows off Zach Bryan’s knack for evoking character and setting that seems so real and personal to the audience.
– – – – – – – – – –
The Saving Country Music Top 25 Playlist primarily lives on Spotify, but is also available for those who use Amazon Music, YouTube, Apple Music, and Tidal. For those who don’t stream music, you can still find the song recommendations in list form below.
CLICK HERE to follow Saving Country Music on Spotify, and/or follow the Spotify Top 25 Playlist.
Please Note: The songs on this playlist are curated for listening pleasure and flow. Otherwise, they are not in any specific order.
Saving Country Music’s Top 25 Current Playlist:
- “Where I Went Wrong” – The Broken Spokes – Where I Went Wrong
- “Honky Tonk Town” – Kimberly Kelly – I’ll Tell You What’s Gonna Happen
- “Weatherman” – Matt Daniel – All I’ll Ever Need
- “My Grass Is Blue” – Kimmi Bitter – (single)
- “A Guitar, A Singer, and A Song” – Wade Bowen w/ Vince Gill – Somewhere Between The Secret and The Truth (8-12)
- “Years” – Sierra Ferrell – Something Borrowed, Something New: A Tribute to John Anderson (8-5)
- “Vanlife” – Willi Carlisle – Peculiar, Missouri
- “Always The Outsider” – Stacy Antonel – Always The Outsider
- “Back Home” – Arlo McKinley w/ Logan Halstead – This Mess We’re In
- “Russell County Line” – 49 Winchester – Fortune Favors The Bold
- “You Said Goodbye” – The Slocan Ramblers – Up The Hill and Through The Fog
- “Common Law” – Zoe Cummins, Gabe Lee – (single)
- “Sad Songs” – Jaelee Roberts – Something You Didn’t Count On
- “Son of Appalachia” – Tim Goodin – Son of Appalachia EP
- “Trouble With A Hammer” – Conrad Fisher – (single)
- “All I Hear You Say” – The Broken Spokes – Where I Went Wrong
- “I’m Going Crazy” – Jordan Foster – I Need A Train
- “A Song Can’t Fix Everything” – Sunny Sweeney w/ Paul Cauthen – Married Alone (9-23)
- “Bourbon Whiskey” – William Beckmann – Faded Memories
- “Oklahoma Smokeshow” – Zach Bryan – Summertime Blues
- “Dusty Bottles” – Willie Nelson – A Beautiful Time
- “Scale These Walls” – Caroline Spence – True North
- “Waking Up The Echoes” – American Aquarium – Chicamacomico
- “Beyond The Stars” – Tami Neilson, Willie Nelson – Kingmaker (7-15)
- “Harder Stuff” – Adam Hood, Miranda Lambert – Bad Days Better (TBA)