- Alan Jackson Taps Brandy Clark, Jon Pardi for 25th Anniversary Tour
- New Video for Hurray For The Riff Raff's "The Body Electric"
- Glen Campbell and the country stars staring death in the face
- The Kentucky Headhunters' 'Pickin' On Nashville' Turns 25
- Paul Craft, Songwriters Hall of Famer, dies at age 76
- Aaron Watson Releases New Song "That Look"
- If You Missed It: Shakey Graves on Conan
- Lester Flatt's Hometown Honors him with Historical Marker
- Eddie Angel w/ JD McPherson "Hillbilly Blues"
- Wall Street Journal Features Angaleena Presley's New Album
- Lee Ann Womack Interviewed by the Nashville Scene
- New Tanya Tucker Exhibit Coming to Country Music Hall of Fame
- JD McPherson Releasing 4 Song EP, Listen to One Track
- Henry Rollins: Musical Elitism Is For Lightweights
- International Bluegrass Music Association Director Resigns
- Another Nashville Landmark in Trouble
- Country Comedy Legend Ray Stevens Recalls Early Days in 'Nashville'
- Opry star Stringbean Akeman's killer gets parole
- Video: The Gibson Brothers from Bluegrass Underground
- How Max Martin Has Become The Secret Man Behind Taylor Swift (that quotes SCM)
- Black Flag Founder Greg Ginn Accused of Abusing His Daughters
So many of pop country’s celebrities have such a vacuous amount of life skills, without being propped up as pretty faces by the country music industry, they’d be clueless in the real world. Others probably have some skills outside of singing into Auto-tuners at concerts, and that’s probably what they should be doing instead of trying to be artists.
Always wanting to be helpful here at Saving Country Music, we have compiled some ideas/suggestions of what some big pop country stars could do if they had to find other employment.
Star: Justin Moore
Yes, because he’s barely tall enough to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl, and is no more than 95 pounds soaking wet. Gotta work what God gave you.
Star: Joe Diffie
Profession: Mall Cop
“No Mr. Diffie, no need to cut the mullet or shave the mustache. You’ll fit right in here at The Shops at Westcreek.”
Star: Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts
Profession: Gynecologist / Youth Minister / Celebrity Chef / Professional Karaoke Singer
I know, quite a breadth of professions. But with hair that great, the possibilities are endless!
Star: Brantley Gilbert
Profession: MMA-World Ball Sack Sniffer
He can pump iron and down copious amounts of steroids, but doesn’t have the instincts or smarts to actually handle it mono e mono in the octagon. So he stands in a corner with a towel thrown over his shoulder, holding a water bottle, waiting to wipe up a nosebleed and maybe pick off a sloppy second groupie stumbling away from one of the contenders.
Star: Brain Kelley of Florida Georgia Line
Profession: Mannequin / Wallflower
Doesn’t really sing, doesn’t really play guitar. This dude does less than Congress.
Star: Colt Ford
Profession: Grimmace at McDonaldland / Transvestite Truck Driver
I don’t know what mental image is more disturbing: Colt Ford cooped up in a big purple suit (just imagine the butt sweat), or his rippling thighs confined by fishnets, with a dash of eau de toilette perfuming his pasty inner thighs. (Worth noting he tried his hand at professional golf for a while.)
Star: Luke Bryan
Profession: Male Stripper
You may want to check the ID’s on some of those girls, Luke.
Star: Gretchen Wilson
Profession: Leg Breaker / Diesel Mechanic
She can beat you at arm wrestling, or strip down an engine and machine your headers all before lunch.
Star: Dave Haywood of Lady Antebellum
Profession: Non-threatening male elementary school teacher / puppeteer
Has there ever been a more emasculated star in the history of country music?
Profession: Roided-out, AA-level, baseball wash out
Aldean actually almost went to college on a baseball scholarship and had some moderate skills in that direction. Our ears could’ve only been so lucky….
Star: Kenney Chesney
Profession: Sandals / flowery shorts model
Oh great, yet another damn song about hanging out on the beach. And what the hell’s going on in this photo? Does he even have pants on?
Star: Blake Shelton
Profession: Manure Shoveler
After all, isn’t that what his initials stand for?
28 Comments to “If Pop Country Stars Had To Find Other Jobs”
Leave a comment
Support SCM and start
your Amazon shopping here
- Ichabod Crane on If Pop Country Stars Had To Find Other Jobs
- Paige on Texas Songwriter Ronny Spears Passes Away
- Troy Turner on Maggie Rose’s “Girl In Your Truck Song” (A Rant)
- Oystein Aarseth (Euronymous) on Florida Georgia Line’s “Anything Goes” is the Worst Album Ever
- txmusicjim on Texas Songwriter Ronny Spears Passes Away